Tags: cant, delete, excel, file, greyed, lists, maintin, microsoft, msdn, sheet, software, unavailable, uneccesary, worksheets

I can't delete my worksheets

On Microsoft » Microsoft Excel

2,831 words with 7 Comments; publish: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 11:07:00 GMT; (30693.75, « »)

I am using a file to maintin lists. I want to delete uneccesary worksheets,

but the "Delete Sheet" option is greyed out and unavailable, both in the

"Edit" menu and the pop-up menu. Any ideas, anyone?

All Comments

Leave a comment...

  • 7 Comments
    • Is the workbook protected?

      HTH...

      Jim Thomlinson

      "chuckmcc" wrote:

      > I am using a file to maintin lists. I want to delete uneccesary worksheets,

      > but the "Delete Sheet" option is greyed out and unavailable, both in the

      > "Edit" menu and the pop-up menu. Any ideas, anyone?

      #1; Thu, 05 Jun 2008 11:08:00 GMT
    • No, not yet but it will be when I distribute it.

      "Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

      [vbcol=seagreen]

      > Is the workbook protected?

      > --

      > HTH...

      > Jim Thomlinson

      >

      > "chuckmcc" wrote:

      #2; Thu, 05 Jun 2008 11:09:00 GMT
    • sorry the last reply was wrongly posted!

      "Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

      [vbcol=seagreen]

      > Is the workbook protected?

      > --

      > HTH...

      > Jim Thomlinson

      >

      > "chuckmcc" wrote:

      #3; Thu, 05 Jun 2008 11:10:00 GMT
    • No, it isn't, as far as I can tell. I looked at that first thing. It is a

      shared workbook when at the office, but when I take a copy home, where it's

      not in a shared directory, I still can't delete the worksheets.

      "Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

      [vbcol=seagreen]

      > Is the workbook protected?

      > --

      > HTH...

      > Jim Thomlinson

      >

      > "chuckmcc" wrote:

      #4; Thu, 05 Jun 2008 11:11:00 GMT
    • Do you see [Shared] in the title bar?

      If yes, then there are lots of things that can't be done with shared

      workbooks--including deleting worksheets.

      chuckmcc wrote:[vbcol=seagreen]

      > No, it isn't, as far as I can tell. I looked at that first thing. It is a

      > shared workbook when at the office, but when I take a copy home, where it's

      > not in a shared directory, I still can't delete the worksheets.

      > "Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

      Dave Peterson

      #5; Thu, 05 Jun 2008 11:12:00 GMT
    • Okay, yes--I thought that might be the problem. Thank you for the help. Is

      there any way to "un-share" the workbook? Even when I make a stand-alone

      copy in an independant directory it still calles it (Shared).

      "Dave Peterson" wrote:

      > Do you see [Shared] in the title bar?

      > If yes, then there are lots of things that can't be done with shared

      > workbooks--including deleting worksheets.

      > chuckmcc wrote:

      > --

      > Dave Peterson

      >

      #6; Thu, 05 Jun 2008 11:13:00 GMT
    • Wait--It appears I have figured how to do what I asked you about. Thank you

      so much...

      Chuck

      "Dave Peterson" wrote:

      > Do you see [Shared] in the title bar?

      > If yes, then there are lots of things that can't be done with shared

      > workbooks--including deleting worksheets.

      > chuckmcc wrote:

      > --

      > Dave Peterson

      >

      #7; Thu, 05 Jun 2008 11:14:00 GMT